Monday 19 December 2011

The Mwalimu Nyerere/Mt. Kilimanjaro Charity Climb 2011 (post 3 of 15)

This is a continuation of the posts from my September 2011 climb of Mt.Kilimanjaro.

Friday 16 September 2011
I woke up at 0425hrs and was out of the hotel at 0505hrs. I walked to the bus stop with my backpack and a heavy load of my Kilimanjaro gear stashed in one of those large polythene bags that scare taxi drivers away from me.

I was told I should be at Lamadi before 0730hrs to hitch a ride across the Serengeti National Park, an attempt that has ended in failure in the past. I arrived before six and met the same two characters who made me hang around Lamadi for two days. By ten in the morning I drew on my past experience and decided there would be no travel to Arusha today through the Serengeti and took a bus to Mwanza.

Next: Jaffar Amin says he's in

Related posts:
http://blogkili.blogspot.com/2011/10/the-mwalimu-nyereremt-kilimanjaro.html
http://blogkili.blogspot.com/2012/01/the-mwalimu-nyereremt-kilimanjaro_4.html

No comments:

Post a Comment