Monday 25 November 2013

Moshi's Kilimanjaro Coffee Lounge

Those climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro and happen to be in downtown Moshi (the preferred departure and return point for Kilimanjaro climbs) might be interested to visit the Kilimanjaro Coffee Lounge.

Nowadays I take every opportunity that places me within striking distance of tasty cakes and a good cup of coffee, although I do not drink coffee . The last time I was in Moshi I walked into the Kilimanjaro Coffee Lounge on Chagga Street (facing the main market) and ordered a sizable cup of coffee with Chocolate cake.
The place has a piano and the owners permit those who want to show how well they play the piano to go ahead and enjoy themselves. As I waited for my order, and being the only client at the time, I sat in front of the piano and played one of a handful of songs that I learnt more than 30 years ago.

The Kilimanjaro Coffee Lounge also offers 'traditional light meals,' grilled chicken, grilled beef steaks, Schnitzels, and a variety of other dishes that I have not had the opportunity to taste.

The coffee was perfect; the Chocolate cake too sweet for my liking.

Post related to this one:
http://madarakanyerere.blogspot.com/2011/08/tasty-cakes-poor-service.html

No comments:

Post a Comment