Thursday 7 February 2013

Le Huynh is the second member of the Kilimanjaro Club

The Kilimanjaro Club lists people I know who have scaled Mt. Kilimanjaro, including those who join me every year on the annual Mwalimu Nyerere/Mt. Kilimanjaro Charity Climb and those who join me for my non-charity climbs.
***********************************************************
When I climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro for the first time, I was accompanied by Le Huynh from Vietnam. I reached Uhuru summit on the afternoon of 24th August 2008. Le skipped the summit and camped at Crater Camp
which is now closed. He reached the summit on the morning of 25th August 2008 in time to catch a spectacular sunrise behind Mawenzi peak.
When not climbing mountains, Le poses for photos with alligators.
Le becomes the second member of the Kilimanjaro Club.

The updated list of the Kilimanjaro Club:


No.
Name
Nationality
Summit Date
  1.  
Madaraka Nyerere
Tanzanian
24th August 2008
  1.  
Le Huynh
Vietnam
25th August 2008

Other posts related to this one:
http://blogkili.blogspot.com/2013/01/i-am-first-member-of-kilimanjaro-club.html
http://blogkili.blogspot.com/2010/03/markus-geiger-third-member-of.html

No comments:

Post a Comment