Wednesday 24 July 2013

The Nyegina library will be named after me

It is not every day that a building is named after me. In fact, no building anywhere has my name. Which is why I am profoundly humbled by the decision by Tanzania Development Support and UMABU for first, asking me to place the corner stone to the new building that will comprise a library and community resource centre and, second, by their decision to name that building in my honour.
In June 2012 I trekked up to the summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro with members of Tanzania Development Support from the United States for a fundraising climb that has raised more than $US 50,000 so far. In addition, HakiElimu has pledged to donate the books for the new library.

The construction is expected to be completed at the end of this year.

Related post:

No comments:

Post a Comment