Thursday 26 September 2013

Riding with Ross Methven: day 14

Ross Methven is riding a bicycle from Edinburgh, Scotland, to Cape Town, South Africa. He is currently cycling through Tanzania and I am accompanying him on part of the Tanzanian leg. My Mt. Kilimanjaro guide, Yahoo, says cycling is one of the best training options for climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro.
*************************************************
Sunday 18 August 2013
It feels good to be back on the road again. My knee joints were beginning to get used to the long rest we have had.
***********************************
If you want to donate to Ross' cause please follow this link:
***********************************
Ross said he removed a lot of grease and dirt from my bicycle's derailleur system. It rides so smoothly now that I managed to keep up with Ross for most of the short hop of 30 kilometres to Singida.

At some point along the way, Ross took a call from a friend in England. Phones are not always the best tool on a cycling trip although they have been useful to us when we needed to communicate when we were kilometres apart - which has almost always been the case.
On our way to Singida, Ross takes a call from England.
I have had to keep my phone switched on throughout our trip because, while cycling, I am also trying to supervise my daily work routine. I have answered important calls and not so important calls. I stop each time to answer a call and I haven't been too happy to answer a call and hear someone say: "I just wanted to say, 'hi'". I wish I could say: "I am busy. Don't call me until I get to Cape Town!" 

Related posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment