Thursday 16 October 2014

Vitali Maembe joins the CDEA Kilimanjaro Climb 2014 (post 2 of 10)

On my latest Mt. Kilimanjaro climb I trekked on the Machame route for the first time. I was accompanied by musician/activist Vitali Maembe.

Here’s the second post of my blog log of the climb

Thursday 4th September 2014
I left early to attend the CDEA Kilimanjaro Climb 2014 press conference. The press conference went well with most of the major print and broadcast media represented.

I was also glad that Naamala Samson, the Project Coordinator (Advocacy) for CDEA, finally managed to get a baseball cap to fit my XXL head. Well, maybe just XL head.

At this morning’s press conference Vitali impressed us with his thought-provoking lyrics when he sang Vuma. He teaches traditional dance in Bagamoyo, owns a band, and does charity work including the sponsoring of the education of children which will cost him ten million shillings this year in school fees alone.

In the early evening, on our way to Moshi, we flew to Kilimanjaro International Airport.

Next: An act of generosity

Related posts:
http://blogkili.blogspot.com/2014/09/vitali-maembe-joins-cdea-kilimanjaro.html
http://blogkili.blogspot.com/2014/11/vitali-maembe-joins-cdea-kilimanjaro.html

No comments:

Post a Comment